One of my most recent endeavors involved becoming a vegan. Why? Because if I am going to recycle, educate myself on living a lifestyle that helps to sustain the planet, and preach about the waste, pollution, energy consumption, and the disregard people have for the demise of our planet...well, then I should probably not be staring at a steak in front of me, knowing the path that steak took to get to my plate and the effects its path on the earth. And because I would never eat my cat, so why eat any other animal?
So, here I sit, with The Kind Diet in hand, on my way to becoming a "Superhero" (in every sense of the word). In case you have no idea what The Kind Diet is, I encourage you to check out the website www.thekindlife.com and get to know Ms. Alicia, buy the book and bask in the knowledge she offers.
I consider myself to be pretty aware of what is taking its toll on this planet and what we can do to lessen our carbon footprints but feel like I still learned a lot from just the first few chapters in her book....plus the recipes sound delightful!
As a runner, and training for another marathon, I feel like I need to be very careful about what I put in my body. So, in addition to The Kind Diet I also follow Thrive in 30. Through Brendan Brazier's "lessons" I am learning how a vegan lifestyle is the leading factor in a healthy, energy heightened, performance enhancing, endurance-based lifestyle.
I didn't create this blog to dwell on any particular topic...I have many ideas, hobbies, interests, and goals and through this blog I plan to share, inspire, educate, learn, reach, plan, and create. Welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment