Sunday, April 18, 2010

18 Miles and Tri Clinic in Between!

What a day!
I spent the majority of the day working out! I met a fab gal to run with this morning and we hammered out 7 miles, then headed to the gym for a spinning class, followed by swim drills, then back on the road for another 10 plus miles! Whew!
I have yet to find the best recovery foods. My stomach, ever since going vegan, is very touchy on what it will tolerate during and after a run. Suggestions?
I did find an energy food yesterday and tried those in between. They are called Simbree energy bites (I have the almond pistachio). I think they taste great and my stomach was fine when I ate them after class and before the run #2.
My run went a little slower than usual but it seemed best since the added training in between was more than I am used to. Love my new shoes. My IT band had been really tight so I went to the local running store and they hooked me up with Lunarglides (love the name and color!) and a pair of Saucony Guides. The Lunarglides got me through the miles today (bless them) and no pain!
I saw someone in class with Bondi Bands! I am going to order some TODAY! I think it is a sign that they are everywhere I look!
I am recovering slowly. Have my compression socks on (love them) and the man helped me stretch real good. I am going to stretch again before bed (early one tonight!).
Excited for the Madison Marathon...I just hope the sister is healed and ready to run with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment