Saturday, April 17, 2010

Run, Bike, Swim, Repeat...ow

This week was something of a challenge...
It was my first week of my triathlon training so trying to incorporate my marathon training with that was tricky. I got some advice from my coaches and tries to get in a couple miles with my biking and swimming days. The...
Thursday. Ah Thursday how you hit me like a ton of bricks...
Thursday I had to teach a lower body strengthening class and then get in my brick workout (bike followed by a run). Leaving class with a little stiffness should have been my first clue that my strengthening class whooped me but I trudged on to the gym anyway.
Friday morning did not come softly. OUCH! My quads and glutes have been sore ever since! I sit and I moan. I stand and I moan.
Friday I swam and it felt a little better. No running.
Today I taught an upper body class. I then went to the bike and trail for a brick workout again. Bike was okay...6 miles in 30 minutes.
Run was tough. Took me a while to get my stride and not feel like someone was clawing at my quads. I walked a little (my pride took the pain of that) and then ran the last half of a quick 15 minute run. The rest of the day was a repeat of the "ouches" that consumed my day prior.
Sigh...what will tomorrow bring?
I have an 18 miler scheduled. I plan to run almost half of it before my Tri clinic (which consists of dynamic stretching, biking, swimming) then the other half after the clinic. I foresee many walk breaks and that does not make me happy.
Lesson Learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment