Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crazy, Crazy, CrazyLegs!

Ahhh...another year running the Crazylegs Classic. An 8K that I usually run with a small group (including my sister) but this year ran it alone. The possibility of rain sometimes steers people away I guess.
The rain didn't ruin this pavement pounding party and I managed to run it in 42:43! Took almost 18 minutes just to get to the start!
I love this event because it is fun, full (but non unmanageable), and is a great distance...one I can run with some challenge and still manage to get my training miles in the next day.
So my crazy legs did just that.
This morning I had to go to my tri clinic. I mounted the bike on the rack for the first time and it was there when I made my destination across town! New helmet firmly atop the noggin and away I went, with team, on a ten mile journey through town. Not a fan.
I am a runner so I am used to cars not seeing me as I cross the street but, for the most part I get the safety of the sidewalk and crosswalks. Not on a bike! Right there, with my two wheels, among the massiveness of the automobiles. I have never really ridden out amongst the threatening contraptions of steel and I was pretty nervous.
I was able to enjoy some of the ride when we meandered out onto a few less traveled roads. I was with friends and those who, literally, steered me in the right directions and gave me great tips on moving with traffic. It's just very new to me.
So- ten miles of biking and right into a two mile run. Can you say jello-leggos? Took me a mile to get my stride! That didn't happen when I went from the stationary bike to the treadmill!
Pounded out two miles then came home for another 8...Grand total for the day: 10!
Back up to 20 next week!
I have three runs after my 20...I plan to run 12, 10, then 6 the week before the mary. I am a week off. This sound like a good taper or should I try another longer run after my 20 miler?
Appreciate any feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment