Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yawn

The workouts sure can catch up to me!
Saturday I ran 8 with the sister and then her knee was bothering her. She has since decided to drop to the half mary of Madison.
Sunday was a tri workout...12 bike, 3 run, and a dip in the lake...brrrr!
Monday was kickboxing class, AKA "Rest".
Tuesday was a swim (8x25 easy, 8x25 drill, 4x75 then 4x150, and 4x50 easy) and a two mile run.
Today- drained. Intended workout is 60 min bike and 25 min run. What I am really doing? Resting!
Why do I feel so guilty when I take a day off? I feel like when I see that workout in my training plan I MUST do it instead of hearing my body yelling "Rest!".
Well...I am taking today off. Guilt or no guilt.
Tomorrow 60 min bike and 40 min run.
So there.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel too guilty about skipping your workout. I think it's good that you took the day off to rest. I used to feel really guilty about skipping a workout, but I realized that it is O.K. if I don't get everything done. We do the best we can and that's all we can hope for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is sometimes so hard to look at it that way so hearing it from others is VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete